翔鹰帝国网|帝国时代论坛|帝国时代系列|神话时代
 找回密码
 注册翔鹰会员(昵称)
搜索
查看: 18282|回复: 231

[旧帖] [AoFE][翔鹰][翻译完成]Cysion完全版被遗忘的帝国制作细节披露The story so far……

关闭 [复制链接]

主题

精华

4万

积分

教皇

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

特级皇家勋章一级翔鹰勋章特级嘉禾勋章特级帝国勋章鹰之王者雄鹰勋章蛟龙勋章第七届火箭筒杯优秀战役第七届火箭筒杯最佳新人

附庸关系1
发表于 2012-10-13 15:11:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
翻译:小源
help:苦竹,sd,老胡,雪星
校对:小源,雪星
说明:部分翻译可能有不通的地方
原文在https://www.forgottenempires.net/the-story-so-far/

漫漫辛酸路
这里讲述了了我们制作失落王朝的整个历程,所有曾经帮助或鼓励,支持过我们的人,无论是已经为人所知,或很多默默在幕后努力的,非常感谢你们,我希望你们能享受这次阅读。

一切的开始
中国的创造
2011年的夏天,当我做酒保休假的时候,我又一次疑惑帝国时代2能否增加一个新的文明。实际上在2009年的时候,在帝国天堂某个帖子的回帖就使我有了这个打算。一个叫kdpp6512的台湾玩家给了我添加第十九个民族到这款游戏的指引。
但由于技术的限制,仅仅可能添加一个额外民族,并且没有科技树,且只能单人游戏。后来最尖端的资料则出现了语言障碍。他试图把它们翻译成英语,但是他所用的软件都是中文的,最终以失败告终。
两年过去了,再回去看这篇文章的评论,似乎还是没看到任何人想去制作这个“圣杯”的MOD。但是之前台湾老兄做到了这点,所以我知道这是可能的。通过谷歌翻译以及相当一段时间去进行测试和摸索,我开始尝试我新获得的中国软件。在最后的日子了我终于成功做到了他所完成的——我有了一个新的文明。
这个会更多的使我的游戏崩溃,比起他实际改进的还严重。在未来的几个星期,我牺牲了我的自由的时间盘算着如何改善这个新增的文明。

进入中国
同时在世界的另一端,我没意识到还有其他人也在进行着相同的工程。一个叫做Djeronimo的人当时也在尝试添加新的文明。并且在我之前,他添加了五个新文明(翔鹰的阔比做的信仰的文明)但是他的MOD同样只适用于单人游戏,甚至连地图编辑器也不行。
他的MOD大概有5个新文明的数目限制,还有特殊单位。然后,我仅仅在发现他的工程几个月后,就开始尝试修复这些问题。

扩张
一个艰难的抉择
钻研没有白费,现在能够添加向新文明并且不会造成游戏崩溃了。虽然还有很多BUG,不过可以玩。艰难的选择来临了,要添加哪些民族?我想我们都曾考虑过这个问题,如果我们有这个机会,要将哪些文明加入帝国时代2?对这个话题我们进行了很多尝试以及马拉松式的交流讨论
不过到目前为止,没有一个转化为现实。
我记得在我最初的列表里包含了五个文明,为什么是5个?这似乎是一个不错的数字,也是帝国2资料片征服者中新增的文明的数量。
最初的列表包括:伦巴第,藏族,印加,马扎尔,斯基台。
伦巴第后来演变成了概括范围更广的意大利(译者注:伦巴第名称起源于罗马帝国(西罗马帝国)灭亡后大约公元570年兴起的伦巴第人,在意大利境内)。斯基台则变成了更广阔的斯拉夫。
没有一个决定是抛硬币决定的。而是我们通过查阅一篇又一篇的历史文献,无数的尝试,去了解哪些民族适合被加入帝国时代2,并且能够带来有趣的单位,战术,或者我们最爱的战役剧情。
最终决定的民族从历史的痕迹中得到惊人的支持。很显然曾经的ES在决定哪些文明将被加入征服者时。这些文明都曾被列进设计表,并且最终的投票中,马扎尔,斯拉夫败给匈奴,意大利败给西班牙,印度败给高丽,还有印加已经在北部有了两个兄弟。

一段漫长的路
到目前为止,实际上只有设计和翻译问题已经被解决,而图像绘制和音频制作进度完全为零,而这些都不是我的强项。
起初我认为这不会有太大影响,帝国2的MOD群体几乎和游戏本身一样历史悠久,并且应档在aok天堂找一些周边方面的精华并不会太难。归根结底,他们充满了各种小项目,例如做了一个漂亮的单位,不过这些迷你MOD从来没有被广泛使用,因为如果要用,玩家必须去充分掌握导入这些小宝石的知识。
所以失落帝国这样一个MOD项目给了所有这些迷你MOD一个在聚光灯下展示的理想环境。
大多数MOD工作者在分享他们的图像成果也非常配合,慢慢的这个独立的计划演变成了一个紧密联系的团队。

他们会怎么回答?
不过,我们到此为止还在原地踏步,因为很多设计还只是一纸空文。
去修正图像,联系作者使用他们的图像。不过现在的论坛会怎样说?
毕竟,我们已经玩这个十岁的游戏。。。十年了。。。
如果一个无法预知的不知名的家伙突然出现在你勉强,“嗨,让我们给这个游戏添加新文明吧!”你会怎么回答?
“我们已经从中享受了十年了,这款游戏仍然没有淡出人们的视野并且我们还在其中享受游戏乐趣,请走开。”幸运的是这事情并没有像那样,我也不会再谈论一个那一个个热情的回复,因为这对我足够好并继续走下去。

同时在AI论坛
修复帝国时代2
几个月前我还在想这个项目,而这以及在某个其他地方酝酿着了。
一个帝国时代2的叫做AI论坛的小团体,开始了他们修复这个游戏的小项目。在帝国时代2发布的时候,他的AI系统的确是一个很大的亮点,但随着时间的推进,表现出许多不足。
最明显和为大家熟知的是AI不能杀猪,这让AI比起人类玩家有了很大劣势。不过一旦你开始认真修复这些BUG,你会发现很多隐藏的细节。
这个小项目很快开始变大,他们的bug报告日志也是不仅与AI相关的问题被修复,宽屏,窗口化,甚至网络连接也被改善了。Userpatch诞生了。我有幸遇到了同行的朋友。
不管怎样,如果你要扩建房子,你还得修复各个房间的连接。我一直关注着他们的进程并且试着帮他们写BUG报告。随着时间的推移,所有新文明需要的功能都已经整合了userpatch。
漏洞
很快这个论坛放出了userpatch的工程消息,bug的报告从各地送来。很多大的多年没有被注意到的漏洞很快被发现了,并且完成了修复。

第一个瑕疵
平衡
帝国时代2是个非常平衡的游戏,这个游戏已经被推出十年了,但还不断有新的战术浮现。但是,在竞技游戏时,大概有一半的文明从来都没有被用,一些单位也从来没有出现在战场。很惭愧,就像之前说的一样,当你在自己的房子里建设一个新房间,必须修理其他房间。为了这个项目以及论坛的意愿,第一个大型的对流行性的测试开始了,我很高兴从大约一百份申请中挑选了最初的12名测试员。测试版测试能够在当时流行的直播的帮助下开始(在FeAge 和 DreaIVIS的帮助下)我们终于能有机会向其他团体展示这个拓展了。

资源
资源是另一个难题,对原有资源要保持尊重,不能乱改.
首先,我们是只会玩工具的伸手党,把电影配乐改改而已..
但是这个工程的难度会越来越大,玩家的期望越来越高..
对原有内容的乱改是不可避免的,随着玩家的热情期待不断增强,这个问题开始进退两难..

全球传播
讯息
2011年2月,在我们发布了第一个预告片,很多大小网站捕捉了这个消息,一些粉丝开始工作于这个帝国2的扩充。
在我写着篇文章时,这个预告片已经被播放了100000次,希望更多的人将会点击这个扩充。

马可波罗
从一开始,项目的焦点在于临时玩家。他们会和朋友打一场帝国时代比赛,或热衷于完成一个中世纪英雄远征。据我所知,在比利时论坛几乎是不存在的,不过放眼国外,欧盟有。在德国繁荣的论坛依然存在(感谢F_aLc_enSchrei邀请),捷克的团体(感谢The_Prophet邀请,以及匈牙利(感谢TLW_Priby邀请)我很高兴被邀请参加这些活动介绍的项目,并很快从他们那里得到反馈.喜欢旅行的人们总能得到许多难忘的经历!

团队扩张
帝国时代的力量
我们必须彻底地扩张我们的团队来保证音乐,图像,音效和历史的质量。毕竟,如果不是比征服者更好或至少同等质量的拓展,我们不会发布这该死的东西。但是你去哪里找这些人,又如何让他们为了一个MOD项目激起兴趣。这是帝国时代2品牌的力气起作用的地方了。全效工作室描述这个游戏为‘瓶中的闪电’,在90年代末,它给很多年轻人带来了极大的影响和回忆。虽然我不能告诉你我自己的经历,但是可以说,一旦你被这道闪电击中,它将伴随你一生。就像很多人在读到被遗忘的帝国时为了这个游戏浮出水面,此时,他们有这个机会来帮忙。我很高兴看见还有这么多人关心着这个金色老人!

意想不到的角落
不仅有直接的帮助,还有很多其他地方团体所带来的帮助。
由于某种巧合,人们开始给帝国2编写修改程序,KeisariTapsa制作了对Scenario_t_c(翔鹰的剧情狂)的极其强大AGE的改良版AGE2(对Ykkrosh最初制作的图像拓展程序GE0.2的整合)。没有这些工具,就没有AoFE。

(译者注:Advanced Genie Editor(AGE):2008年1月 StSB77 發布整合 GeniEd 、 GeniEd2 的 Advanced Genie Editor ,後由 Keisari Tapsa 、 Apre 二人繼續更新)

现在
现在,这个工程不断在进展中。
美工组确保奇观和新建筑的样子就像是专业人士做的。虽然这对内行来说并不是那样难。音效组不断尝试调试曲子,来给游戏改编新的音乐。天知道这什么时候结束,但是我可以保证说我们确实已经到了游戏能够被发布的时刻。我们感觉它可以和征服者相媲美,甚至超过它我们已经走上了不归路。
感谢你们所有人的帮助。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

公爵

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

翔鹰建站十周年纪念章

附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 15:28:44 | 显示全部楼层
{:8_294:}吗的好骄傲
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

4万

积分

教皇

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

附庸关系1
 楼主| 发表于 2012-10-13 15:30:26 | 显示全部楼层
上原文

The Story so Far…
Here follows the tale of how the expansion project came to existence. All the people that helped and inspired the project, many without knowing, even more with knowing. Thanks to you all. I hope you enjoy reading.
How it all beganCHINESE INVENTIONS
In the summer of 2011, whilst having my day off from bar tending I was once again wondering if it would be somehow possible add a new civilization to Age of Empires II. I had my mind set on a submission from 2009 in the archives at aok.heavengames.com where a Taiwanese guy under the name of kdpp6512 submitted a guide to add a 19th civilization to the game. With limited possibilities though, only 1 extra civ was possible, no working tech tree and would only be usable in single player. On top of that the documentation came with a language barrier. He attempted to translate it into English but the screenshots of the software he used all came in Chinese. Two years went over this post and judging from the comments section nobody seemed to have figured out this “Holy Grail” of modding. But the Taiwanese dude managed to do it, so I knew it was possible. Armed with Google translate and a good portion of time to spend on trial & error, I started messing around with my newly acquired Chinese software.
By the end of the day I managed to get where he got, I had 1 extra civ. It would crash my game more than it would actually enhance it, but it was something. And for the next few weeks I spent my free moments figuring out how to improve this additional civ system.
INTO CHINA
In the meanwhile on the other side of the world, I wasn’t aware that there was also someone else working on a similar project. A guy going by the name of DJeronimo was also working on adding new civs and at that time he was a few steps ahead of me. He managed to add 5 civs but they were only usable in single player mode. And not even in the scenario editor. It still was a limitation but at least he had 5 more or less working civs, with new unique units and all. However, I only discovered his project months after I managed to fix these hazards.
Funky Bugreport #1: In the first version where the Italians appeared, their UU had 1000 armor. Needless to say my opponent (Justin, the first ever tester on AoFE) won that game
ExpandingA HARD CHOICE
It was thus possible to add new civs without crashing the game. It was still buggy, but playable. Now the hard decision came up, which civs to add? I think we all thought about this before: what civs would we add to AoE2 if we had the chance to? Many essays and long discussions in various online communities were held on this topic but none could be turned into reality so far. I still remember my first list, it consisted out of 5 civs. Why 5? It seemed like a good number and it it was also the number of civs added in The Conquerors Expansion. My first list had: Lombards, Tibetans, Incas, Magyars, Scythians. The Lombards turned into the more general name “Italians”, the Tibetans changed to the more military orientated Indians, the Incas stayed Incas and so did the Magyars. The Scythians felt too out of place and were changed to the broader and more beefed Slavs. None of these changes were decided by the flip of a coin, but came by reading through history article after article, trying to figure out which civs would fit into Age of Empires II and could bring up interesting units, tactics or story lines to our favourite virtual battlefield.
Eventually the decisions on the civs seemed to have some surprising support from the past. Apparently when making the decisions on which civs were to be added for The Conquerors, the civs that we eventually picked were all considered in the design process and were only left out in the final voting round. Magyars and Slavs lost to the Huns, Italians to the Spaniards, Indians to the Koreans and the Incas already had two brothers up north.
Funky Bugreport #2: While playing around with the unique technology for the Indians, one version came with self destructive hand cannons. If the hand cannoneer would fire a round, his weapon would explode in his face, killing him.
A LONG ROAD
So far, only design and coding problems have been solved, not a single graphic was drawn, not a single tune was composed and those aren’t my strong points at all. At first I thought this wouldn’t matter too much, the modding community for AoE2 is almost as old as the game itself and it couldn’t be that hard to find some goodness in the extended archives at aok.heavengames.com. After all, they were filled with many small projects where people made a beautiful unit but these mini mods were never widely used because all players would need the mod for full use of the little gem. A project like this seemed thus the ideal opportunity to give all these mini mods a place in the spotlight they deserve. Most modders were also very helpful in sharing their graphical work, slowly turning this solo-enterprise into a community geared project.
WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?
But okay, so far we’ve only been dwelling around in the past. Polishing up old graphics and contacting old users to use their graphics. But what would the current community say? After all, we’ve all been playing this 10 year old game for… 10 years. If a random unknown guy would pop up “hey, let’s add new civs to the game”, what would you say? “We’ve been having fun for 10 years, the game isn’t broken and we’re having fun. Leave us alone!” Luckily it didn’t went like that. I wouldn’t talk about en enthusiastic reply either, but let’s call it “mildly approving”. Which for me was good enough to carry on.
Funky Bugreport #3: Whilst fixing the effect that chemistry has on Trebuchets, I accidentally took away their ability to destroy buildings. Leading to quite annoying and comical warfare.
Meanwhile in the AI communityDEBUGGING AOE2
A few months before I even thought about this project, things were brewing elsewhere. A small community of AoE2, namely the AI community, started their own little project to fix the game. The original AI system was quite brilliant at its time, but as time passed, it showed some obvious shortcomings. The most familiar example being that AIs can’t hunt boars, which gives them a huge disadvantage over human players. But once you start debugging something seriously, you find many corpses in the closet. The little project soon started to grow bigger and so did their buglog. Not only AI related problems were fixed, but general features like widescreen options, windowed mode and even networking improvements were implemented. UserPatch was born.
I had the honour of meeting the guys and soon discovered we were on the same line. And after all, if you’re expanding the house, you might as well fix the leaks in the other rooms. I kept an interested eye on their progress and tried to help out with writing bug reports. Over time, all the functionality necessary to add new civs, migrated to UserPatch as well.
BUGS, BUGS, BUGS
Soon the community caught news of the UserPatch project and bugs started to flow in from everywhere. Many big bugs that have gone unnoticed for many years were suddenly discovered
Funky Bugreport #4: Fervor, the upgrade to make your monks move faster, never worked in Age of Empires II, it was discovered 13 years after the release of the game. Talking about a strong placebo effect!
The first flawsBALANCING
AoE2 is a very balanced game. The game is played for over a decade and sometimes new tactics still emerge. However, in competitive games, about half of the civilizations are never picked, and some units are never to be seen. A shame, but as said earlier, when you’re building a new room in your house, you might as well fix the leaks in the others. So it was time for some expert balance testing. A first big test for the popularity of the project and the will of the community. I was very happy to sign up the first 12 testers out of about 100 applications. Beta testing could kick off and with the help of the then emerging streaming (under impulse of FeAge and DreaIVIS) we would finally have the chance to show the expansion to the rest of the community.
RESOURCES
Another big problem that emerged was the necessity for original resources. At first we shamelessly copied resources to play around with in our new modding tools. Intro tunes were ripped from soundtracks and songs, history files were copied from various pages across the web, but as the p
Funky Bugreport #5: The early Italian gates turned invisible when you opened them. Enemy units would bump their heads into an invisible wall.
Spreading the wordTHE MESSENGER
In February 2011 after releasing the first trailer, many gaming sites big and small alike caught up with the news that some fans started to work on a new expansion for AoE2. At the time of writing, the trailer has been viewed 100000 times, hopefully the amount of people that will check out the expansion
MARCO POLO
Right from the start, the main focus of the project was on the occasional player. The guys that would round up with friends to play a match of AoE2 or that would have fun in completing a quest with their favourite medieval hero. As far as I was aware, the community in Belgium was nearly non-existent, but in a united Europe, one must look across the borders. Thriving communities still exist in Germany (thanks for the invite, F_aLc_enSchrei), the Czech Republic (thanks for the invite, The_Prophet) and Hungary (thanks for the invite TLW_Priby). I was happy to be invited for those events to present the project and get their feedback straight away. Unforgettable experiences for someone who loves to travel!
The team expandsTHE POWER OF AOE2
We had to expand our team drastically to meet the quality standards on music, graphics, sound effects and history. After all, we weren’t going to release the damn thing if it wasn’t better or at least of equal quality as The Conquerors Expansion. But where do you find these people and how can you get them warm for “a modding project”. This is where the power of the Age of Empires II brand comes into play. Ensemble Studios described the game as “lightning in a bottle”, and that’s pretty much the impact the game had on the lives of so many youngsters in the late 90s. And even though I can’t tell from my own experience, once you’re struck by lightning, it stays with you for a lifetime. That love so many people had for this game bubbled towards the surface again when they read about Age of Empires II: Forgotten Empires, but this time, they had the chance to help out. It was very nice to see how many people still care so much for this golden oldie!
THE UNEXPECTED CORNER
Not only direct help emerged, elsewhere in the community things were buzzing as well. For some weird coincidence, people started to work on modding tools for AoE2. Keisari Tapsa created Advanced Genied Editor 2, the extremely powerful sequel to Scenario_t_c’s Advanced Genied Editor, which was the graphical extension of the first Genied 0.2 by Ykkrosh. Without these tools, AoFE would not have been possible.
Funky Bugreport #6: We accidentally increased the range of cavalry archers to 541, enabling them to rain terror all over the map from wherever they would shoot. Particularly funny if you target a town center, and their low accuracy makes the arrows literally rain over the whole town.
And now
And now, the project keeps on expanding. AI scripters joined in to write new AIs to make a match against the computer very challenging for a change. Graphical artists make sure the wonders and new building sets look as if they were made by professionals. Which isn’t that hard for professionals. Composers hop around in their instrumental fantasy to arrange new tunes for the game. Where it will end, god knows, but it’s safe to say we actually came to the point where we are sure that the game will be released. We have the feeling the quality is comparable and maybe even better than The Conquerors, we’re at the point of no return
Thank you all for helping out!

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

4万

积分

教皇

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

附庸关系1
 楼主| 发表于 2012-10-13 16:16:02 | 显示全部楼层
铿尔琴歇 发表于 2012-10-13 16:14
为什么非要回复才能看?楼主想刷翔鹰币?

喵这刷不到翔鹰币的。。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

侯爵

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

活跃者

附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 16:45:51 | 显示全部楼层
恢回复观看
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

伯爵

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

活跃者

附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 16:47:52 | 显示全部楼层
想讓論壇熱起來吧 他自己管理權限很高了還賺這論壇幣值幹嘛= =
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

6万

积分

圣徒

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

三级皇家勋章翔鹰建站十周年纪念章特级翔鹰勋章特级嘉禾勋章特级帝国勋章十字军勋章雄鹰勋章鹰之智者蛟龙勋章密铺帝

附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 17:24:29 | 显示全部楼层
非常关注
ys168网盘       秦俑半章     主题帖子技巧与帖图

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

骑士

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖
附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 17:37:42 | 显示全部楼层
顶个
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

骑士

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖
附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 18:35:34 | 显示全部楼层
求围观~~~
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

男爵

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

翔鹰建站十周年纪念章

附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 18:47:12 | 显示全部楼层
{:6_208:}
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

骑士

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖
附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 19:11:35 | 显示全部楼层
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

2万

积分

宗主教

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

翔鹰建站十周年纪念章三级翔鹰勋章

附庸关系9
发表于 2012-10-13 19:15:22 | 显示全部楼层
回复看
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

扈从

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖
附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 19:55:02 | 显示全部楼层
顶一个
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

扈从

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖
附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 20:02:35 | 显示全部楼层
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

伯爵

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖
附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 20:16:45 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

2万

积分

圣徒

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

二级嘉禾勋章二级帝国勋章

附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 20:30:00 | 显示全部楼层
支持!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

侯爵

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖
附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 20:50:35 | 显示全部楼层
看看囉 感謝
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

2万

积分

圣徒

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖

翔鹰建站十周年纪念章二级翔鹰勋章三级嘉禾勋章二级帝国勋章

附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 21:11:11 | 显示全部楼层
来逛逛……
内疚、自责、今生有愧……
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

侯爵

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖
附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 21:30:11 | 显示全部楼层
万恶的回复可见

点评

qs
老潜水不好,浮出水面换换气^_^  发表于 2012-10-13 22:29
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

精华

积分

男爵

耕战
鹰币
天龙币
回帖
附庸关系0
发表于 2012-10-13 21:39:15 | 显示全部楼层
dsdsdsdssddsds
回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

排行榜|小黑屋|翔鹰帝国

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 16:28 , Processed in 0.241383 second(s), 223 queries , File On.