鹰币
天龙币
回帖

翔鹰建站十周年大纪念章特级帝国勋章特级翔鹰勋章特级嘉禾勋章一级皇家勋章鹰之智者蛟龙勋章十字军勋章大冒险家狂熊勋章

附庸关系2
发表于 2012-9-14 13:00:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. Border Skirmish
The desert southwest of Memphis
Deep in the desert west of Memphis, capital of the Lower Kingdom. Ruthless bandits strike from the burning sands of the desert. The heroes Thutmose and Hatshepsut tire of these cutthroats. Can the forces of civilization stand against Set's consuming chaos?
Commander: Murderous bandits have been spotted hiding in the desert! They’ve slain our friends in the past. Today … we return the favor.
Scout: Sir! Enemy cavalry ride in from the northeast!
Commander: Raiders! Fate’s wicked eye is upon us. Rally the spears. These cutthroats will be dead by midday.
Oracle: Each Turn, you can take one Action with each of your Units. With each Action a Unit may Move and then act. Move your Units to advance on your enemies, and then Attack them from adjacent tiles!
Commander: Form up man, our lord and Pharaoh walks among us! Behold the divine presence of the Great Thutmose!
Thutmose: At ease, commander. Formality chafes me on the battlefield. Explain the situation quickly.
Commander: My lord, we have routed the bandits and await your orders.
Thutmose: Bandits? I think not. Mere bandits would not be this organized…I will ride to Thebes and mobilize an elite force to exterminate these invaders from our sacred lands. Guard this outpost with your life, commander. We would be foolish to think our foes will not return.x
2. Portents
A mountain pass southwest of Memphis
Thutmose and his retinue travel east toward Memphis.
Commander: Lord, who are these thugs that threaten our families?
Thutmose: Only Ra knows … or cares. We will not take their invasion lightly. Hold up, men. This pass looks treacherous. Prepare for the worst. Anubites! These abominations will suffer my blade!
Commander: My lord, our foes are vanquished, though at no small cost. What now?
Thutmose: We press on for Thebes. These Anubites suggest that there are darker forces at work here. May Horus’ winds guide our march. I pray we have time before they are upon us again.
3. Hero’s Welcome
Thutmose’s journey to Memphis is interrupted when he meets up with Hatshepsut and her retinue
Scout: Highness, our patrols have found nothing but desert flies. Are you sure we are in the correct location?
Hatshepsut: Not at all, friend. But this village is ripe for the picking, and I suspect our enemies will think so as well. With so many of our soldiers at the borders, we have to hope…
Thutmose: I came as soon as I heard. Is it single band of invaders, or something cursed by the gods?
Hatshepsut: We’re not sure. The villagers are too simple and panicked to give us much information. The Obelisks will show us the truth of what lies beyond the mountains.
Thutmose: On our way here, we were ambushed by Anubites. Ready your men for an assault.
Mysterious Figure: Attack, my hordes! We will devour their bones!
Thutmose: My men whisper of house-sized scorpions, bloodthirsty hyenas and the ever-hungrier sands of the desert.
Hatshepsut: If it is Set himself that rises against us, then we have only the gods the help us.
4. Rebuilding
Semhatep Village
Further south, in Semhatep Village, Hatshepsut rebuilds and fortifies to protect against another bandit attack.
Scout: Help! Gods, help me!
Hatshepsut: Steel yourself, scout, and stand up like a man! Explain yourself.
Scout: My queen, murderous raiders burned our town!
Hatshepsut: Set’s forces cannot be allowed to continue these atrocities. The survivors from this village are able-bodied. We can use them to reclaim this land.
Thutmose: Something is foul here. If Set leads our foes, then why are servants of Anubis counted among the enemy?
Hatshepsut: A question for the oracles, Thutmose. Let us summon a priest of Anubis to answer it. If Anubis has also sided against us, then I fear our situation is dire.
5. Expansion
Semhatep Village
Hatshepsut seeks to expand her defensive position and rout a nearby bandit settlement.
Nakht: Highness, you are as radiant as the sun.
Hatshepsut: Flattering words, Nakht. I’ve asked you here to explain why your Anubites were seen among Set’s armies.
Nakht: I assure you, my lady, they are not mine nor my master’s. But … I have divined that they are dark reflections of Anubis’ children, created by Set, the Great Corrupter.
Hatshepsut: Set’s grasp is upon us from all sides! Surely something can be done to tip the scales?
Nakht: My master would give you a gift. From a long-dead age, Anubis will grant you his favor from the Land of the Dead. But first you must prove to him that you are worthy of his blessings. Destroy the nearby outpost where Set’s pale mockeries are given life. Only then shall Anubis grant you a great boon in the war against The Corruptor.
Scout: Highness, apologies on my intrusion, but Thutmose reports that the southwest village is under fierce assault!
Hatshepsut: If they come for blood then they shall have it! Nakht, tell Anubis that his test shall be met.
Nakht: You have done well, Hatshepsut. Anubis is pleased by your offering and would grant you his favor.
6. Trust
A temple complex near Semhatep Village …
Hatshepsut and Thutmose travel with Nakht to a temple complex to perform a ritual for Anubis, and earn his gift.
Thutmose: Priest, this is a long way to travel on a promise. What lies in this valley that will aid us?
Nakht: Patience, great son of the sun, you must trust in my master.
Thutmose: Ha! You think it odd that a warrior mistrusts Death? I have felt the fangs of Anubites too recently.
Hatshepsut: And my patience runs thin as well, Nakht. Tell us, what is this gift?
Nakht: I require a temple to complete the ritual that will bring it to you, Highness. I will now summon the hand of my master to grant you his boon. Ensure that the ritual is not interrupted!
Mysterious Figure: Strike at them, my corrupt children. Tear them apart and leave them for the carrion birds!
Nakht: Behold! The ritual is complete!
Ramesses: It is strange to be back among the living, Nakht. The sun shines brighter than I remember …
Hatshepsut: Ramesses!? He’s been dead for centuries!
Nakht: Reborn to aid your cause. Ramesses, these are Hatshepsut and Thutmose, the divine rulers over all Egypt.
Ramesses: Ah, than I am in familiar company. Tell me of this plight that threatens the Kingdom of the Nile and I shall raise my strength against it!
Mysterious Figure: … Ramesses!? An unexpected move, but not one that ultimately help the mortals. The sands will consume and burn them all!
7. Exodus
The Edge of the World
With the help of the reborn Pharaoh Ramesses, Hatshepsut and Thutmose journey to combat Set in the heart of the desert.
Commander: Highness, our foe is pushing us towards the desert’s heart. Our soldiers are tire and stumble … what now?
Hatshepsut: Curse their fatigue, we march hard! We must reach the seat of Set’s power before sundown, or we will be caught in his black trap.
Mysterious figure: The trap is already sprung, Queen of Men.
Commander: Aagh! An ambush!
Ramesses: Show yourself, snake! The brush cannot hide you from the light of Ra!
Setekh: Nor can your blades save you from the shadow of Set, Ramesses!
Ramesses: Setekh! Child of Set, I ended you once before. It shall be trivial to do so again.
Setekh: Your dynasty shall end in dust! Charge, minions! Do not let them reach the heart of this desert!
Hatshepsut: We have no choice but to fortify that Town Center and raise a force if we are to survive here.
Ramesses: It will be a long night, dark and dangerous as the underworld.
Setekh: Now, strike! These whelps will not reach the Valley of Shadows.
Setekh: Cruses upon you, Ramesses. We will clash again at the Valley of Shadows. Fortune will not stay on your side a third time.
8. Valley of Shadows
The Valley of Shadows
The final battle is joined in the Valley of Shadows, as Ramesses, Hatshepsut and Thutmose strike at the heart of Set.
Setekh: Lord of the Desert, Father of Chaos … they have driven us back.
Set: You are weaker and smaller than the lowliest insect, Setekh.
Setekh: No lord … ! We have brought havoc to the Nile kingdoms. We have destroyed many settlements!
Set: And yet Ramesses himself is again at my door. You have failed me, slave.
Setekh: No! I will yet have my revenge. I swear it!
Ramesses: Again, I bring my might to bear against the Valley of Shadows! Again, the Light of Ra shall guide my arm!
Hatshepsut: And for the majesty of Isis!
Thutmose: Glory! Glory and blood for the upper and lower kingdoms.
Ramesses: The kings of the ages stand together to fight for order and progress. Set, even you cannot stand before our combined might.
Set: Just words, dead king. Feel the wrath of Set.
Setekh: No! My wrath burns too strong to be defeated again!
Ramesses: You are finished, Setekh. Again, I send you into oblivion with naught but a shrug.
Hatshepsut: Is it finished? Is Set’s army defeated?
Thutmose: Routed and destroyed to the last, I have no doubt.
Ramesses: And so I must return to the Land of the Dead. Anubis will not allow me to delay. This shall be my last hour in the sun.
Hatshepsut: Thank you, Ramesses. Without you all would have been lost.
Ramesses: Rule in justice and prosperity, Queen of Egypt. Farewell.
And so the sun burns bright over the Kingdom of Egypt, and its heroes ride to Thebes triumphant once again.
With Set’s avatar defeated, the people of Egypt no longer need Ramesses. Saying his farewell, he returns to the Land of the Dead, leaving Hatshepsut and Thutmose to rule once more. Ra’s light has once again prevailed over the darkness, and the great civilization of Egypt enjoys another sunset.
1. Disruption
Outside the City of Mycenae
Perseus defends Mycenae from the forces of Hades, and learns of a greater plot.
Thinking his days at an end, Perseus has retired as the King of Mycenae. But his rule is a restless one, as unearthly creatures threaten to defile the temples of the Gods of Olympus. Perseus believes he is conducting a simple war exercise, but the Fates have something else in mind …
Perseus: The gods will never allow me a rest, will they, friend?
Commander: No sir, you seem to have a peculiar fate.
Perseus: Today it is a Medusa taken residence in a temple. They have a certain fondness for decoration, it seems. Let us expel it, Myrmidons.
Commander: For the glory of Athena!
Perseus: Ah, it is never so easy is it? Ready yourselves, now they come at us in force.
Perseus: What is this? An Amazon rides towards us as though the Furies themselves are after him.
Scout: Perseus of Mycenae! I bring news and beg you for a Favor! Hippolyta has been taken by Hades to the Underworld. His minions have long terrorized our villages, and now they have taken our Queen!
Perseus: Your threat will soon be Mycenae’s threat. Of course I will assist you. But first, as is tradition, I must consult with the Oracle. Apollo’s light may illuminate the path to your Queen.
2. Prophecy
The Hills of Mount Parnassus
Near Delphi, Perseus’ search for a suitable sacrifice to Apollo is interrupted
Commander: Sir, we will scour the hills in search of a black lamb to offer to Apollo.
Perseus: Excellent. Keep on your guard and clear the hills of Hades’ creatures.
Perseus: We bring offerings for Apollo, and seek his wisdom, Oracle.
Oracle: You are just in time, Kinslayer. Through light and darkness you will fight, striking your will against the gods. In the heart of Hades’ domain you will rescue the warrior, but not without cost. His arm and her fear dispelled will bring you trial and regret.
3. Gateway
At the Gates of Hades
Meeting up with Odysseus, Perseus strikes against the gates of Hades.
Odysseus: Perseus! It has been an age, brother, since last we met. I would embrace you, but I fear to put down my sword.
Perseus: Odysseus! Then it seems we are here for similar purposes. Have the Shades been at the wall of Ithaca as well?
Odysseus: Yes, and it seemed best to take the fight to his door, but then again, maybe my cleverness is long gone…!
Perseus: I doubt that, old friend. Together we will batter the gates and strike against Hades himself.
4. Old Friends
Deep in the Underworld
In the depths of the Underworld, Perseus and Odysseus battle the forces of the Lord of Death as they approach the throne.
Odysseus: Hades’ chill realm welcomes no mortal. Still, we must press on if we are to save the Amazon.
Perseus: Beware of the Shades. As we travel the land of the dead, there’s no telling what darkness stirs. Herakles?
Herakles: Ha ha! Is that the best you’ve got, King of Death?
Hades: Your foolishness is always amusing, brute. But I have no time for you now.
Perseus: Herakles! Join us. We advance against Hades to save Greece.
Herakles: Wonderful, wonderful! Last time I joined a crew, it ended poorly for my friends, but this time feels quite different! His armies will break against our might.
5. Throne of the Dead
Erebus, the Capital of the Underworld.
The heroes lay siege to Hades’ capital in Erebus, on the river Styx.
Herakles: Yield, Hades! The greatest hero… heroes… of Greece stand against you.
Perseus: Free Hippolyta! We will strike each stone from your walls if you do not.
Hades: You are wrong to attack me, mortals. You cannot know the listless horror that awaits you.
Odysseus: Patience, friends. Hades’ city is protected by these three Temples. We must capture them before we can strike against him.
Perseus: Hippolyta, you are free from these bonds. Hades has no power over you now.
Hippolyta: What have you done?
Hades: With this, there is now nothing that we can do to stop him. Without her sacrifice, nothing can restore the seal on the Destroyer.
Herakles: Speak straight! I am a simple man who requires naught but simple words and a great club. Why attack Greece? What is this Destroyer?
Hippolyta: In Tartarus bound, the Titan called Typhon stirs. It is he, not Hades, who strikes against Greece.
Hades: Typhon the Destroyer will bring oblivion to Greece. With the seal gone, your only choice is to strike against him where he rises.
Hippolyta: Come heroes, we must make haste to the base of Olympus. Surely the home of the gods will be the Destroyer’s first target.
6. Escape
Elysium, Land of the Virtuous Dead
Together with Hippolyta, the Greek heroes rush to escape the Underworld and stop the Destroyer.
Hades: You must make haste, and through Elysium to the Gates. Typhon has taken control of many of our beasts. The Guardian will seek to stop you from escaping.
Herakles: Ah, Cerberus the Guardian! I do not fear an overgrown pup! There will be much glory today!
7. New Enemies
At the Base of Mount Olympus
At the Base of Mount Olympus, the home of the Gods waits Typhon’s General to stop the heroes.
Perseus: And so it has come to this. We fight at the foot of Olympus itself to aid the gods against their ancient foe.
Hippolyta: We bring the virtues of Greece. Their Wisdom,
Herakles: Their Strength,
Odysseus: Their Perseverance,
Perseus: And Their Bravery. Together we will die before we allow the Titans to conquer Greece.
Ladon: Death can be… arranged. You are fools to stand against the Titans. I am Ladon, Typhon’s general… and scourge on your world. I will allow you to… interfere.
8. Mount Olympus
As darkness falls across Greece, Typhon ascends Olympus
On the slopes of Olympus, Heroes and Gods face off against Typhon.
Typhon: You are weak, children of Chronus. I being destruction and darkness to your world. You earth will crack, your skies bleed. Your betrayal finally will be repaid.
Herakles: By Zeus, that’s a big snake.
Hippolyta: Didn’t you strangle snakes as a mere babe?
Herakles: They exaggerate. But only slightly. I can’t get my hands around this one.
Typhon: Come out, dogs. Bring your lightning, your allies and your tools. I will devour you all.
Zeus: That will be enough, Destroyer.
Poseidon: We shall wash away your hatred, Titan.
Hades: And our power has only grown greater.
Athena: We are many, and wise.
Ares: You are alone, and surrounded.
Typhon: Your human pets are no match for oblivion’s fangs.
Zeus: Not without help. Now, my brothers, my children. Strike this beast from MY mountain.
Typhon: What is this? My power is drained, but I can replace it. Come, mortals. Through your deaths I will grow powerful.
Typhon: I am cast back to Tartarus, but I am not unmade. One day, the titans will return to Olympus. Your age will fall to myth, Zeus. Destruction is eternal.
Zeus: Thank you, heroes of Greece. It is with our combined power that the world is again safe.
Perseus: We are forever servants, Lord of Olympus.
Odysseus: We will return to our kingdoms, to rebuild and rest.
Herakles: Rest? I think not! Point me to the nearest great beast or nymph! I shall await the next adventure!
With Titan defeated, the Gods of Olympus retreat again to their domains, leaving the heroes of Greece to rebuild their ravaged land. Hippolyta is safe, and the gates of the Underworld are once again sealed against intrusion or escape.
1. Tested
Midgard, in the hills beyond the home of the Giant, Mimir…
Siegfried is ambushed as he returns to his guardian, Mimir
Fearless beyond description, Siegfried has grown strong and brash in the care of Mimir, the Giant. Odin has watched the boy, confident that it is Siegfried who can finally secure for him the Ring of Power, a magical artifact that may allow Odin to survive Ragnarok. Now the All-Father seeks to test Siegfried to judge his bravery…
Commander: Drop your weapons, Siegfried son of Sigurd.
Siegfried: Are you serious? You don’t honestly think I would make it so easy, do you?
Commander: I would be disappointed if you did.
Commander: Don’t let him through the pass, men. The mighty Siegfried’s story ends here.
Siegfried: What under Asgard was that about? Not that I dislike a fair fight, but they’re getting rather frequent these days.
The Wanderer: Yes, it seems I was right. Siegfried is the one. He will reclaim it for me. He will do what I cannot.
2. Memory
Mimir’s Valley
Siegfried reclaims Balmung, the sword of his father.
Siegfried: I have brought what you asked for, Mimir.
Mimir: Ah, good. Thank you for your patience. Now we can begin.
Siegfried: Begin? I’m ready for a horn of mead and a nap.
Mimir: No child, it only now begins! You must go into the valley to your father’s tomb. There you will find the remains of the blade your father wielded, a blade given to him by the Gods. Then as before, one who does not know fear must forge it anew. You must restore the blade.
Siegfried: Sounds easy enough. What’s the catch? Ah, Trolls. That’s the catch.
Mimir: Siegfried, you return. Here, we have a guest.
The Wanderer: Quite a feat, to re-forge Balmung, the sword of Sigmund.
Siegfried: Nothing I can’t handle. Here, I begin.
Siegfried: There, it is done! This relic is whole.
The Wanderer: Then it is as prophesized. You must take this task for me, for the fate of all Midgard.
3. Ring of Fire
The Peaks of Hindarfjall Mountain
The minions of Fafnir ambush Siegfried as he journey in search of allies.
The Wanderer: It is no mean feat, to strike at the dragon Fafnir. You will need an army to bring down the gates of his citadel.
Siegfried: He is just one dragon, right? I’ll just fight my way to him and get your ring for you.
The Wanderer: Siegfried, you must be wise even without fear. He protects himself with an army even you cannot crush.
Siegfried: I assume they know I’m coming, as well? Because they are.
The Wanderer: Ah, yes it would seem so. I’ll leave you to this.
Siegfried: Leave? What? Fine, I’ll do it myself.
Siegfried: What is this? A caged bird?
Brunnhilde: Don’t trouble yourself, mortal. These flames are impenetrable except for the strength of a man without fear. How? How have you passed the flames?
Siegfried: You said you require a soul without fear. I was raised without it, I’ve never known it. So freed, will a Valkyrie like yourself help me to save Midgard?
Brunnhilde: It would seem I have no choice. If Midgard needs saving, then of course I will join you.
4. On the front
The Hills of Burgundarholmr
Gunnars, the King of Burgundarholmr, fights against Fafnir’s armies.
Scout: King Gunnarr! King Gunnarr! I bring news from the front!
Gunnarr: Out with it, scout. What is this news?
Scout: The Nibelungs have crushed our forward offensive and are counterattacking sir!
Gunnarr: Loki’s curses, we have to fall back. Relay to my commanders: Full retreat.
Narfi: It won’t be so easy, Gunnarr.
Gunnarr: Narfi! You scoundrel, what are you doing here?
Narfi: Stopping you from escaping, from the looks of it. Attack!
Narfi: Break off, we’ll regroup and strike him again. Gunnarr hates a running fight.
Gunnarr: Bah! Defensive formation, and resume the retreat. He’ll harry us, but we can make it to the wall.
Siegfried: You there! Who commands this army?
Gunnarr: I do. Why do you call me out?
Siegfried: I need an army to slay Fafnir. I’m taking yours.
Gunnarr: Ha! You’ve got guts, boy. Still, why should I lend you my army? You don’t look a general to me.
Siegfried: I’m Siegfried, son of Sigmund. I wield the sword Balmung, and Brunnhilde the Valkyrie rides at my side. I will slay Fafnir, with or without leading your army to glory against his.
5. Advance
The Mountains Near Burgundarholmr
Siegfried leads Gunnarr’s armies into the mountains of Burgundarholmr.
Siegfried: I have the sword, an army, and powerful allies. What more does wisdom ask, Wanderer?
The Wanderer: You’ve done so well to come so far, Siegfried. Now put it to use. These mountains hold the fortress and armies of Fafnir, the Dragon. They strike out against us, and have taken the most prized of our belongings. You are strong enough now. You have to tools you will need. So strike, Siegfried. Strike and show the beasts no mercy.
Siegfried: I am unstoppable! Bring your best, Dragon! My blade will not stop until your heart beats its last.
6. Revenge
Deep in the Cold Mountains of Midgard
Narfi ambushes Gunnarr’s forces as they advance.
Siegfried: See, Wanderer? They flee before me and lie dead behind. What is there to concern me or slow my march?
The Wanderer: Temper your esteem, Siegfried. As we climb into the jagged peaks, the Dragon’s eye is upon you.
Narfi: And it will strike when you least expect it. Upon them, wolves. You will feast on the flesh of kings tonight.
The Wanderer: Son of Loki, your children are vicious but no match for Siegfried.
Narfi: Your blessings will not save him, One-Eye. You cannot interfere in this thing, for you are bound.
The Wanderer: Your master will fall. I will reclaim what was taken from me.
Siegfried: Ha! Your armies collapse around you, cur. Your wolves are as puppies!
Narfi: Curse you, chosen of Odin. We will return. The wolves will haunt your nights.
Brunnhilde: We will not sleep until the Dragon lies dead. And when we die, we will bring our glory with us to Asgard.
7. Citadel
Fafnir’s Citadel in the Mountains of Midgard
The Heroes of Midgard assault Fafnir’s Fortress.
Fafnir: How does this army come to stand before my walls, Wolf? Why are they not shattered?
Narfi: They have killed many, and pushed through each defense, Fafnir. There was nothing…
Fafnir: My faith in you was misplaced, Son of Loki. Your father owes me a considerable debt for your failure. Here, you will repel them. If you flee, you will feel my claws.
Gunnarr: I never thought we would so soon see Fafnir’s bastion. I’ll admit, I’m impressed with your success.
Brunnhilde: Thor’s might and Odin’s wisdom have brought us this far.
Siegfried: Fearless we strike at you, Fafnir.

Gunnarr: We have them now, Siegfried. The dragon is cornered. There is nowhere for him to run.
Siegfried: Then we press! Charge, people of Midgard. The dragon will fall before the sun.
8. Dragon’s Den
Before the Lair of Fafnir, the Dragon
Siegfried confronts Fafnir.
Fafnir: And so you have come, pawns of Asgard. You are here to take what was given to me? You have come to break Odin’s oath for him, to rob me and to strike me down?
Gunnarr: We have come to end your attacks against the people of Midgard!
Fafnir: Attacks? For centuries you have driven my people to the mountains, and you claim they attack you? Feel the wrath of the Nibelungen. Burn among the snowy peaks.
Fafnir: King of Midgard, you are not strong enough. Daughter of Odin, you are not wise enough. Son of Sigmund, wielder of Balmung, your fearlessness is a weakness, not a strength. You will all burn. Odin will not have it back.
Odin: It is done. You have killed Fafnir, and reclaimed the Ring for me.
Gunnarr: All-Father? Why?
Odin: As the Wanderer, I was your guide. You have done for Me what an oath prevented me from doing Myself. I swore that I would not take the ring for myself, and so I have not! Give it to me.
Brunnhilde: Father, how could you? You’ve seen what this ring has done to Fafnir. Why seek it for yourself?
Odin: Because it was denied to me, daughter. I must have it.
Gunnarr: The ring of the Nibelung dwarves? The ring that grants the power to rule the world?
Siegfried: No, Odin. Brunnhilde is right. We cannot give it to you. We will return it to the dwarves who forged it.
Odin: I will have it, children. There is none in all of Midgard who can keep it from me.
Siegfried: I am not afraid, One-Eye. With Balmung and my new allies, I am the one who is unstoppable. Do not test me. I will return the ring.
With Fafnir dead and the Ring of Power in his possession, Siegfried stands firm against the will of the gods. Brunnhilde and Gunnarr have vowed to help him defend the Ring, and together the three of them return to Burgundarholmr to rebuild and prepare for any great battles the future may bring!

回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

排行榜|小黑屋|翔鹰帝国

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 19:36 , Processed in 0.108994 second(s), 22 queries , File On.